Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Oh, blog, how I've neglected thee. Talk around town and City Hall has been focused mainly on the influenza. My body ached today and I thought maybe I might have contracted the new strain, but that was just my hypochondria talking. As a child, one of my favorite pastimes was reading the AMA Family Medical Guide, following the charts and tracing my symptoms to see what disease I might have. It was like a "create your own adventure" of sorts.

There's a lot I need to catch you up on, but not enough time. So in the meantime, enjoy these pics from a little festival held in my town a few weeks ago. One of my Japanese teachers is a fire performance artist and he invited me and my fellow ALTs to come watch.



I was also lucky to run into some of my students dressed up for the festivities. Aren't they adorable?

For now, I gotta hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers